{Missy. Ava. Katelyn. Paul}

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

SCORE: Mommy 1, Ava 0

I WON! I WON! OK, so recently I have struggled with getting Ava to use her manners. She can say "Thank you", "Bless you" and occasionally you might hear a "Please", but certainly never "I'm sorry." Well, one day last week Ava had thrown a TV remote and it hit me in the head. Man does she have a good arm. I suppose I wasn't giving her the attention she so rightly deserves, being the Princess that she is. Anyway, of course I was mad and I sent her to the dreaded TIME OUT. You would have thought, by the way she was hysterically crying, that she was being tortured. So after 2 very long minutes, I asked her if she was sorry, she said "yes." I then asked her to say "I'm Sorry." Then with her hands on her hips she simply said "no" and turned her back to me. Well, that earned her a trip up to her room, by herself, no toys or books. So for the next 45 mins we battled back and forth. She wanted to come out and I wanted her to say sorry. FINALLY, as I'm folding laundry I hear "Wawa sorry... Wawa sorry Mommy." I couldn't believe it! I won... she caved! Who needs Nanny 911...Mama's got it under control! :)

1 comment: